A Farm Introduction
Three days of farm school for 4-9 Year Olds.
The 2018 Farm Introduction will be held July 5,6, and 7th (please not the 7th is a Saturday).
Thursday through Saturday from 9am to 1pm.
During this short week children get a taste of all parts of the farm. They will do animal chores, cook food, weed the garden, and learn what it takes to run a farm. The days are a little shorter than the other weeks to allow smaller children who tire easily to experience the farm.
The cost is $169 per child including a $30 non-refundable deposit.
A Full Farm Experience
There will be seven weeks of farm school summer in 2018, see bottom of page for dates.
Farm school runs Monday through Friday 9am to 3pm.
The mornings are spent rotating through animal chores, field work, cooking, and gardening. A morning snack and lunch are prepared by the children. Three times a day we also sing a variety of songs, often times in other languages! In the afternoon games are played on the back lawn. On Friday we ask parents to arrive half an hour early (2:30pm) as the children will give a performance of the songs they have learned. Every child receives a diploma recognizing all the hard work they have done.
- The deposit, registration and emergency forms are required to hold a spot.
- $395 pr. child (which includes a $30 non-refundable deposit).
- The cost is $365, if paid 30 days in advance in full.
- For children coming to a second week of school the cost is $50 less than the first week. ($345 or $315)
- The third (or more) weeks of attended cost $100 less than the first two weeks.
- No sibling discounts for the second child, but half price for third and fourth siblings.
- A few scholarships are given, contact us for more information.
Each week there are four helpers assigned to lead a small group of children. These are children 12 and up who have been coming to the farm for 3 consecutive summers and are deemed eligible for helper status. The younger children greatly admire them and they make the day run smoother for the grownups. Helpers are assigned on a first come, first serve basis so sign up early for the weeks you want. Helpers attend free of charge except for a $50 food fee per week. Please contact us if you believe your child is eligible.
Summer 2018 schedule:
5 Day Programs:
-Week One: June 18-22 -Week Two: June 25-29
-Week Three: July 9-13 -Week Four: July 16-20
-Week Five: July 23-27 -Week Six: July 30-August 3
-Week Seven: August 6-10
A Farm Introduction:
–July 5,6, and 7th (please not the 7th is a Saturday)